Welcome, Event Planners!
Are you searching for keynote speakers who can educate, entertain, and bring a healthy dose of humor to your event? Dr. and Lady Glaucomflecken are experienced keynote speakers with a passion for promoting humanity and a healthy sense of humor in healthcare. Whether you choose to hire them individually or have the dynamic duo together, their engaging talks will captivate and inspire your audience.
Why Choose Dr. and Lady Glaucomflecken?
These resilient partners have faced life’s toughest challenges head-on and emerged stronger than ever. They bring a unique perspective that combines their personal experiences as survivors, patients, and advocates with a touch of humor and resilience. From poignant storytelling to practical advice, the Glaucomfleckens will leave your audience informed, entertained, and empowered.
Their conversational and relatable style will make your audience feel like they’re chatting with old friends. The Glaucomfleckens aren’t just here to educate and advocate; they’re here to entertain and make you laugh, even in the face of life’s absurdities. They’ve been through it all but never lost their sense of humor or passion to help others.
You can choose to book either of them individually for a captivating keynote speech. But if you’re ready to harness the power of their combined wisdom and chemistry, invite both Dr. and Lady Glaucomflecken to the stage and watch the magic happen.
The Glaucomfleckens Specialize in
With their unique blend of humor and valuable insights, Dr. and Lady Glaucomflecken have mastered the art of delivering engaging talks on a wide range of topics.
From their own inspiring story to the healing power of comedy, they explore the importance of humor in healthcare and the human side of the medical profession.
They delve into the patient and family experience, coping mechanisms, and the concept of “co-patients” and “co-survivors.” They also illuminate the young adult experience of critical illness and medical trauma, survival and advocacy in sudden cardiac arrest, and the challenges faced by physician families. And let’s not forget about ophthalmology education for non-ophthalmologists – they’ve got that covered, too!
Hire Dr. and Lady Glaucomflecken for:
- Keynote Addresses: Let their captivating presentations set the tone for your event and leave a lasting impression on your audience.
- Panel Discussions: Benefit from their expertise and life experience by inviting them to participate in panel discussions on relevant healthcare topics.
- Drawing Crowds to Exhibit Halls: Enhance your exhibitor’s space by having Dr. and Lady Glaucomflecken attract and engage visitors with meet-and-greets or photo opportunities.
- Emceeing Events: Add a touch of entertainment to your event with their skillful emceeing.
Our Keynotes Are Designed For
We will speak or appear at:
- Corporate Events
- Educational Events
- Live Podcasts
Our target audiences are:
- Medical Professionals
- Medical Trainees and Their Partners
- Leaders of medical training programs
- Healthcare executives
- EMS professionals
We’ve Been Featured In
We tailor our keynotes to the audience and event.
Will Flanary delivers in-person keynotes.
Kristin Flanary delivers keynotes in-person and virtually.
Our Most Popular Keynotes
In this poignant and in-demand keynote address, Dr. Will Flanary co-presents with his wife, Kristin Flanary (aka Lady Glaucomflecken). By the time they were 35, Will had suffered two cancer occurrences and a sudden cardiac arrest. While Will is widely recognized as a cancer and cardiac arrest survivor, Kristin took on the unexpected roles of caregiver and “co-survivor” of these traumatic experiences. In May 2020, she woke up in the middle of the night to Will dying in their bed while their 8- and 5-year-old daughters were asleep in the next room. She called 911 and performed 10 minutes of CPR before help arrived. As a physician, Will has a unique perspective on being a patient and vice versa. Kristin has behind-the-scenes knowledge of what it takes to be a physician, from being “married to medicine” from the pre-med years all the way to private practice. Plus, she has been a patient, a caregiver, and a co-survivor of multiple life-altering diagnoses. Together, their perspective on the healthcare system is distinctive and powerful. They have seen compassion and humanity and the lack thereof. In this multimedia, award-winning presentation, you will experience humor, amazement, and love as Kristin and Will share their story with the hope of making a difference. They strive to change how healthcare workers see their patients and their families and to remind them of the importance of compassionate care. They hope to make healthcare a little more human.
Session short description:
Laughter isn’t the best medicine, but it sure does help. Join Will and Kristin Flanary as they take you on their harrowing journey of life, death, medicine, and comedy.
1. Gain a deep understanding of the critical importance and impact of bystander CPR.
2. Recognize the profound impact that medical trauma has on “co-survivors” and their unique needs and challenges.
3. Gain practical strategies and insights to improve the experiences of bystanders, co-survivors, and families within the pre-hospital and hospital systems.
In this poignant and in-demand keynote address, Kristin Flanary (aka Lady Glaucomflecken) presents the story of being married to the social media sensation “Dr. Glaucomflecken” and what it means to be married to medicine. By the time they were 35, Will had suffered two cancer occurrences and a sudden cardiac arrest. While Will is widely recognized as a cancer and cardiac arrest survivor, Kristin took on the unexpected roles of caregiver and “co-survivor” of these traumatic experiences. In May 2020, she woke up in the middle of the night to Will dying in their bed while their 8- and 5-year-old daughters were asleep in the next room. She called 911 and performed 10 minutes of CPR before help arrived. Kristin has behind-the-scenes knowledge of what it takes to be a physician, from being “married to medicine” from the pre-med years all the way to private practice. Plus, she has been a patient, a caregiver, and a co-survivor of multiple life-altering diagnoses. She has a unique and thought-provoking perspective on the healthcare system that resonates and inspires. She has seen compassion and humanity and the lack thereof. In this multimedia presentation, you will experience humor, amazement, and love as Kristin shares her story with the hope of making a difference. As an award-winning advocate, Kristin strives to change how healthcare workers see their patients and their families and to remind them of the importance of compassionate care. She hopes to make healthcare a little more human. Session short description:
Kristin Flanary (aka “Lady Glaucomflecken”) has survived being married to social media sensation “Dr. Glaucomflecken” through medical training, two cancer occurrences, and a sudden cardiac arrest. In this keynote, Kristin will deliver an immersive and poignant example of the bystander, co-survivor, and family experiences and explore how the pre-hospital and hospital systems could better meet their needs. Objectives:
1.Understand the physical, psychological, and emotional impacts of bystander CPR
2.Recognize the role of “co-survivors” and the effects that medical trauma has on them
3.Learn practical ways to support co-survivors and lay responders that you can use immediately.
Get ready to laugh, cry, shake your head at the US healthcare system, and be inspired that good people can do great things together.
Dr. Will Flanary is known worldwide as Dr. Glaucomflecken. As a practicing physician and a survivor of cancer and sudden cardiac arrest, he knows a thing or two about the healthcare system. His comedy incorporates satire of the US healthcare system, the pervasive interpersonal conflicts in the medical system, and physician burnout. Through humor, he is a tireless advocate for expanding humanity in healthcare for doctors and their patients. With this keynote, you will definitely laugh, you might cry, all the while shaking your head at the problems facing the US healthcare system. After this presentation, you’ll understand that good people can do great things together—especially if they have a Jonathan.
1. Gain an understanding of how humor can be used as a coping mechanism in challenging situations, including within the healthcare system.
2. Understand the impact and challenges faced by healthcare providers and patients within the US healthcare system, including issues such as physician burnout and interpersonal conflicts.
3. Learn about the importance of expanding humanity in healthcare for both providers and patients.
4. Recognize the value of community and collaboration in addressing challenges within the healthcare system.
Dr. Glaucomflecken Keynotes
With his trademark humor and insight, Dr. G brings a unique blend of medical expertise, personal experience, and comedic talent to his presentations. He delivers practical insights and relatable and engaging content that resonates with a wide range of audiences, who will leave his sessions laughing, inspired, and informed.
1. Recognize the potential of social media as an effective platform for networking, educating, battling misinformation, and sharing accurate information with the general public.
2. Acquire practical insights into using social media to draw attention to policies and practices that either support or harm patients and the healthcare profession.
3. Identify how healthcare professionals can use their experience and expertise to promote humanity in themselves and their patients online, and create a fun, supportive, and trustworthy online environment.
1. Understand the impact of medical trauma on patients, as conveyed through the personal experiences of surviving testicular cancer and a sudden cardiac arrest as a young adult.
2. Learn about the role of humor and positive coping mechanisms in the patient experience.
3. Gain unique insights from a doctor with personal experience as a patient in the US healthcare system and how this perspective can inform more compassionate and empathetic care.
1. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the eye and its role in overall health.
2. Explore the latest research and advancements in ophthalmology and their potential impact on patient care.
3. Learn about common eye diseases and their treatments, as well as preventative measures that can be taken to protect eye health.
4. Appreciate the importance of continued education and cross-specialty collaboration in providing the best possible care for patients.
Lady Glaucomflecken Keynotes
Lady Glaucomflecken is a respected thought leader in the healthcare industry. Her formal training in social psychology and cognitive neuroscience informs insights from her lived experience as a co-survivor, patient, physician’s spouse, and advocate. Lady G’s unique perspective, raw honesty, and engaging presentation style will captivate your audience and leave a lasting impression. Her talks offer value to healthcare providers, patients, and their families, as well as insights into the need for a more humanized approach to healthcare.
Join Lady Glaucomflecken, the supportive partner of Dr. Glaucomflecken, on an inspiring journey of resilience as she shares her own experiences of navigating life as a physician’s partner. From tackling the challenges of medical training, to finding the right time to start a family, and even facing the hardships of critical illness and unexpected trauma, Lady Glaucomflecken’s keynote is packed full of unique insights and strategies for medical professionals and their spouses or partners. You’ll learn how to find strength, adapt to change, and support your loved ones in the medical field without losing your own identity.
Session short description:
Discover the untold side of medical training in Lady Glaucomflecken’s keynote. Packed with personal stories and valuable lessons, this inspiring talk highlights resilience, coping mechanisms, and the power of support in the face of challenges.
1. Gain a deeper understanding of the unique experiences and challenges faced by the partners of physicians in training.
2. Learn valuable coping mechanisms and strategies for navigating the emotional rollercoaster of medical training and practice.
3. Explore the importance of support networks and finding strength within oneself to thrive in the face of adversity.
4. Appreciate the importance of empathy and compassion in healthcare leadership.
Traverse through the human side of the healthcare spectrum with Lady Glaucomflecken in this profoundly moving keynote. Drawing from personal experiences and life lessons, Lady Glaucomflecken offers a remarkable perspective on navigating the healthcare system as a patient, a caregiver, and a co-survivor of critical illness. She sheds light upon the critical needs of patients and their families and lays out a roadmap for a future focused on alleviating suffering, promoting dignity, and fostering genuine connection. Building on the legacy of her healthcare innovator grandfather, she calls for a paradigm shift towards humanizing healthcare practices and fostering compassionate care in all healthcare settings. Throughout her talk, Lady Glaucomflecken weaves together themes of empathy, resilience, and the human experience, creating a compelling case for a healthcare system designed around people, not just diseases.
Session short description:
Lady Glaucomflecken presents a heartfelt journey filled with laughter, resilience, and empathy, re-envisioning a future where healthcare is deeply human.
1. Develop an understanding of the emotional journey of patients, caregivers, and their loved ones, and learn why empathy and compassion are indispensable tools in healthcare.
2. Understand the lived experiences of co-survivors, developing strategies to better support these essential participants in the healthcare journey.
3.Learn how to redefine the patient-healthcare provider relationship in a way that elevates patient comfort, dignity, more effective communication, and a supportive environment.
4. Explore the principles necessary to design a compassionate, people-centered healthcare system, and understand why this should be a central goal of future healthcare initiatives.
Testimonials From Event Organizers
“It is no exaggeration to say that you are the talk of the medical community in South Australia and the rest of the country. Those few people who didn’t attend are so jealous! The amount of “time that you gave to us all, the number of events that you led and attended and the individual attention paid to everyone – especially our junior doctors and trainees – was much appreciated. It is rare for the medical community to experience something that makes them all happy at once – you achieved that!”
~ Dr Celia Cooper, Head, Infectious Diseases Women’s and Children’s Hospital—Australian Society of Infectious Diseases
“There were few dry eyes in the house and attendees were talking about the session for days.”
~ Audra Kubilius, Education Manager—Society of Critical Care Medicine
We’ve Worked With
Ready to Book?
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to have Dr. and Lady Glaucomflecken bring their expertise and unique presence to your event. Join them as they entertain, educate, and make a meaningful impact in the healthcare industry. Contact us today to discuss your requirements, check availability, and secure your booking. Let’s make your next event an unforgettable experience!